If you are serving time at the Linn County Correctional Center, you are allowed to bring the following:
- Up to three (3) pairs of white underwear and white socks
- Up to three white t-shirts (cannot be sleeveless)
- Small amount of cash for commissary
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Required prescribed medication must be in prescription containers, with your name on it and must be up to date (not out-dated meds)
- Any medical supplies you will need
- Photo Identification Card that includes Date of Birth
Due to COVID-19, inmate commissary payments are currently being accepted online or at the Linn County Correctional Center lobby kiosk. Processing fees are also temporarily being waived. Payments will be applied to an inmates commissary account within 24 hours (excluding weekends). A minimum authorized payment of $20.00 is required for each transaction.
Inmates serving more than two days have the option three times a week to purchase commissary (snacks, hygiene products, stationary, stamps, cards, etc.). People wanting to place money in an inmate’s commissary account may do so by bringing cash (change will not be made) to the Linn County Correctional Center lobby window or by mailing a money order, made payable to the inmate, to the Linn County Correctional Center (P.O. Box 608, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406). The lobby window is closed daily from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. Inmates order commissary on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings before 5 p.m. and it is delivered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Release of Financial Items
With approval from the inmate, financial items can only be released after proof is shown you are listed on the account or proof is shown that you are the financial power of attorney for the inmate. This must also be approved by the Jail Administrator.