Adults 65 +
In Iowa, individuals 65 years and older became eligible for COVID-19 vaccine on January 26. We ask our community to be patient as we all work to vaccinate as many individuals as possible given the vaccine availability. Linn County Public Health works with providers to allocate vaccine, but does not oversee their appointment process. Local vaccine providers have their own process for contacting patients and making vaccine appointments, when vaccine is available. The state's COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Information Dashboard, and Vaccinate Iowa, is updated as new information becomes available.
I Need Help Finding or Scheduling an Appointment
- View our "COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments for Adults 65+ in Linn County" infographic, HERE.
- Area Agencies on Aging can assist with connecting older adults to vaccine providers and transportation services. Please call (866) 468-7887 for assistance.
- Beginning March 8, Iowans may call 211 for help from a vaccine navigator with scheduling an appointment for vaccine and transportation needs.
- Frequently check your healthcare provider's website for information and instructions for scheduling appointments. If you do not have a primary care provider, Linn County Public Health can help. You may call (319) 892-6097 for assistance with locating a vaccine provider.
Providers are reaching out to eligible patients in multiple ways. This includes by mail, phone, text, email, or messaging such as MyChart to offer appointments. In Iowa, the Retail Pharmacy Program also began the week of February 8, 2021. Additional pharmacies will be added at a later date. While many of our residents may now be eligible to receive vaccine, many will not be contacted right away from their provider to schedule an appointment or – depending on the provider - be able to sign up online for an appointment time. Not all providers have vaccine to offer, and those that do have very limited amounts.
- Community members may visit www.clarksrxcr.com to add their name to the Clark's Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist. An email is not required for submitting your contact information, but a phone number is.
CVS Pharmacy (Select Locations)
- Adults 65 and older are eligible to schedule an appointment at CVS as vaccine supply allows. View a registration guide, here.
Eastern Iowa Health Center
- EIHC is contacting eligible patients by phone, text, and email to schedule appointments as vaccine supply allows.
- Eligible patients and community members may also schedule appointments by calling (319) 730-7300, #6. Learn more, HERE.
- Those without an EIHC provider may visit https://easterniowahealthcenter.com/find-a-provider/, or call (319) 730-7300 for assistance.
Hy-Vee Pharmacy (Select Locations)
- Adults 65 and older are eligible to schedule an appointment as vaccine supply allows.
Mercy Cedar Rapids
- Mercy Cedar Rapids is contacting a list of Mercy and MercyCare patients with MyChart as vaccine supply allows.
- Eligible patients and community members may also visit mercycare.org/covidvaccine to schedule appointments as vaccine supply allows. Patients without access to a computer may call (319) 369-4604 for assistance.
- Those without a Mercy Cedar Rapids provider may visit https://www.mercycare.org/doctors/clinics/find-a-doc/#form, or call (319) 369-4444 for assistance.
Unity Point Health-Cedar Rapids
- Unity Point Health-Cedar Rapids is contacting primary care patients by mail, phone, and text as vaccine supply allows.
- Eligible patients experiencing technical difficulties may call (319) 730-9439.
- Those without a Unity Point provider may visit unitypoint.org/findadoctor, or call (319) 558-4858 for assistance.