Relief Programs and Forms

Assistance / Funds

Linn County Veterans Affairs can provide up to three months of assistance / funds through our Relief Program. We recommend veterans call ahead for an appointment. Veterans and their dependents may be eligible for basic need assistance, including:

  • Rent / interest on original mortgage
  • Utilities


The veteran must show proof of discharge under honorable or general under honorable conditions and served at least 90 days of federal active duty. The veteran must also meet the following requirements:

  • Be a Linn County resident for at least 30 days
  • Meet income guidelines
  • Register with the Iowa Workforce Center or apply for Veteran Affairs compensation/pension programs


Community Affairs Workshops / Presentations

The Linn County Veteran Affairs Office is available for workshops, presentations, and speaking engagements regarding federal and county veteran benefits.

For information or to schedule a community workshop, contact us at 319-892-5162.